Library Update- July 13
The Carrollton Public Library Board met for a special session on July 13th and has announced the following plan in consideration of the spike in recent COVID-19 positive cases for Carroll County.
- The Library’s physical building will remain open with social distancing protocols in place.
- There is no limit to the amount of patrons in the physical building during normal business hours.
- Patrons will be required to wear face masks when visiting the library. The library will provide the limited supply we have on hand to patrons while we seek more for patron use.
- No contact services will be encouraged and promoted. Phone 660-542-0183, email firstname.lastname@example.org, or message through Facebook https://www.facebook.com/Carrollton-Public-Library-127287750675022
- In house computer usage follows normal policies.
- In house programming will revert to virtual for the rest of the summer months. Both the Norborne Public Library and the Carrollton Public Library encourage summer reading program participants to read, read, read and track their progress. Paper logs are available at each library along with the READsquared App, www.carrollton.readsquared.com
- Harvester’s Grab & Go snacks continue from 2-4 pm weekly on Monday, Tuesday and Thursday afternoons with minimum contact between staff and patrons.
- Outreach Services remain suspended.
- The library will continue the quarantine of books and materials, sanitizing protocols, and patron sign in sheets upon arrival.
- The Carrollton Public Library has digital collections that includes thousands of items using Overdrive through www.molib2go.org or the LIBBY APP or AXIS360 APP, Tumblebooks, and MOREnet’s Learning Express Library and Ebsco for learning resources. Patrons are encouraged to access the virtual library. Go to www.carrolltonlibrary.com or the library’s Facebook https://www.facebook.com/Carrollton-Public-Library-127287750675022/ and use the web page links to access the many electronic materials available including books, audios, and videos plus digital story times by our staff and Tumblebooks.
- If patrons do not already have a library card, residents of Town of Carrollton and those residents living outside city limits can get an virtual eCard for access to these digital resources. Please follow this link listed on the library’s website, www.carrollltonlibrary.com, https://forms.gle/scVJ4pbqnk4AHAsc8 to complete the online form or reach out to us by calling the library at 660-542-0183, reaching out by email to email@example.com, or use the library’s Facebook page messenger.
Sue Lightfoot, Library Director stated, “The library staff was so excited just last week as we phased through our reopening plan. Adjustments have been made to ensure the safety, security, and comfort of our patron base. This, above all, takes priority for our community as we travel through these trying times. With this in mind, the Library Board and library staff stand ready to serve our community.”
Carrollton Public Library Board, Administration and Library Staff