Library Closed to Public as of Friday, March 20, 2020
The Carrollton Public Library will close to the public on Friday, March 20, 2020, at 9 am. The library will remain closed until further notice or action by the Library Board of Trustees. All in-house library programs and outreach services are suspended as well as all outside rentals of library spaces. This has been a difficult decision for the Library Board of Trustees and administration.
The Board of Trustees, in light of the recommendations of the White House and Missouri governor’s office with the best advice from federal, state, and local public health officials, find this decision is in the best interest of our patrons and staff. We value the well-being of our patrons and staff above all else.
All the information we have received from the public health community suggests that this well-being is best served by a period of social distancing The only way we can ensure that in our library is by closing our facilities to the public. Depending on the national and state response for protecting the public, the closed period could be extended.
All due dates for library materials have been extended. Overdue fines will be waived. Please keep your materials until the library reopens or use the library’s book drop for returns.
The library is pleased to offer curbside delivery for our patrons for the time being. Patrons are encouraged to place holds by using the online card catalog website: http://www.mec.evergreencatalog.com or by calling the library at 660-542-0183, reaching out by email to email@example.com, or by using the library’s Facebook page messenger to place items on hold in our physical collection and to make arrangements for curbside delivery. This option of curbside delivery is available during business hours of 9 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. Monday through Friday, Saturday from 9 a.m. until 1 p.m., and Sunday from 1 p.m. to 5 p.m.
While the physical library is closed to the public, we would encourage everyone to access the virtual library. Go to www.carrolltonlibrary.com or the library’s Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/Carrollton-Public-Library-127287750675022/
If you don’t have a library card, you may apply for an eCard here: https://forms.gle/JhTyv64MQKXas2gQ6
- The Carrollton Public Library offers free library cards to the residents of the Town of Carrollton, Missouri.
- The Carrollton Public Library offers free student cards countywide for students living in Carroll County, Missouri.
- The parent or legal guardian must sign for the responsibility of any material checked out from the library.
- Patrons under the age of 16 must obtain a parent’s or legal guardian’s consent and must be at least 4 years in age.
- The Carrollton Public Library offers homeschoolers and their households free library cards.
- The Carrollton Public Library offers eCards for virtual services such as the library’s online card catalog Missouri Evergreen, molib2go.org/Overdrive/LIBBY App, AXIS360 App, MOREnet’s Learning Express Library, and Tumblebooks. During this COVID-19 epidemic, this is free for everyone using virtual services.
- eCards are used to check out eBooks and eAudiobooks, access online resources, and place holds on items in our physical collection.
- eCards cannot be used to check out physical items from our collection, request an interlibrary loan, or reserve a computer.
- Patrons can become computer users by reading our internet policy agreement and signing the agreement on the application (parents or legal guardians must sign with any patron age of 10 and up). During the COVID-19 epidemic, this option is unavailable as the physical library building is closed to the public.